Tuesday, August 07, 2007

OUR LAST HOORAH

Meggon and Michael in Yuma Arizona 2002


Michael and Meggon met with MMFA in Yuma, Jun 2002 while she visited from Europe. Great fun was had by all and the memories will last forever. Unfortunately, this was the last time any of us saw him alive.

But, BOY we had a great time. He took me out in Phoenix and showed me all the hot trendy spots, we dined and we partied till the wee hours and I was treated like a queen. What a wonderful lasting memory.

Michael loved his sister and we talked about her for hours on the phone. He had soooo much love and respect for his sister and me, that he showed it by keeping in close contact. He would call Meggie EVERY Friday night and they'd chat for hours.

My beautiful FAVORITE nephew and niece....you will always be welcome in my heart. I love you all so very much.


-MMFA (Lynnell)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure who to contact here... Just wanted to let someone connected to Mikey know that I'm getting a half-sleeve tat done this summer of a 'Mikey inspired' Koi.

I'll be getting it done at JinxProof tattoo in Georgetown - Washington DC. One of the best in the nation.

I didn't know Mikey well... I actually hardly knew him at all - aside from a few exchanged emails, chat sessions, chance meetings, and keeping up with him on some websites that he frequented.

As a frame of reference, if you look at the pic of him from the "Tuesday, July 31, 2007" post entitled "From Michael's Aunt" - that pic was taken in Hillcrest San Diego overlooking the Ralph's parking lot. I lived in the same complex a couple of units over at the time.

Regardless, he was an inspiration. As a fellow Navy man I take some pride in knowing him. I have a tat on my left arm of some 'Trukese Dolphins' that I always wanted to expand upon... after some long-thought-out consideration my dolphins are being converted into a 'Mikey Koi' to be combined with my own tat ideas and requirements.

I'd like to post about it here, or at least send the updates/images to someone, but I don't know who to contact or how.

I hope you're all doing well and remembering Mikey appropriately.

Feel free to remove this comment if it's inappropriate... I won't be offended. I'm just looking for someone to contact when I get the work done on my 'Mikey Koi' in the next couple of weeks.

V/R,

Matty

Tue Jun 10, 07:47:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home