Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mikey's Memorial Program

Special thanks to RP2(SW) Maila M. Castillo for sending me the program.

Page One:

The Patches at the bottom are for the Search and Rescue, US Navy and Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.


Page Two:

Order of Service

Prelude: Corinne Bailey Rae

Opening Prayer: Chaplain Brad Yorton
Hymn of Faith: “Amazing Grace”

Command Tribute: CDR Pete Turner

Scripture Reading: Psalm 23

Pastoral Consolation: Chaplain Philip King

Professional Tribute: ATC Robert Kent

Personal Tributes: Remembering Michael

The Navy Hymn : “Eternal Father, Strong to Save”

Closing Prayer: Chaplain Brad Yorton

Postlude Corinne Bailey Rae

Rendering of Honors : Chapel Lawn


Page Three:


Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was Blind but now I see.

Thru many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
Tis grace hath brought me safe this far,
And grace will lead me home.


Psalm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


Eternal Father, Strong to Save

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd’st the mighty ocean deep
It’s own appointed limits keep,
O hear us when we cry to thee
For those in peril on the sea!

Page Four:


AW2 Michael Freeman

Michael was born to John and Royceann Freeman in Phoenix, AZ on October 3, 1975. He has a sister, Meggon Freeman. He graduated from Andress High School in El Paso, TX in 1995. Two years later, Michael entered into the Navy 01 May 1997. He reported to Great Lakes, IL for basic training, then to NATTC, Pensacola, FL. Michael’s first duty assignment took him to SC-8, Norfolk, VA. He ultimately arrived at NAS Whidbey Island, WA which he considered home. Michael is survived by his mother Royceann, sister Meggon and Aunt Lynnell as well as his extended family: Marty Staniforth, Brian Crooks, Shawn O’Connell, Kristine Moreland and Brianna Krogman.

SAR Honor Platoon
LCDR Todd Vorenkamp
LT Kiersten Whitacre
LT James Thompson
AW1 Lance Tanner
AW1 Mihcael Glidwell
AW3 Buddy Moore

Leading Petty Officer
AT2 Jere Tien

Firing Party
AEAN Chandler Riggins
ACAN Michaela Mackovich
MRFN Nathan Magers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home